Sunday 17 May 2015

Temporarily bookless!

It's been a few days since my first post and sadly I haven't done much reading. Like most of you reading this I have to go out everyday and earn money to pay for my book addiction and that doesn't always leave me with enough time or energy to pick up my beloved kindle before I head off to bed and drift away into the land of dreams.

Books can be expensive but there's always places to find them cheaper if you know where to look. Charity shops, boot sales, daily deals on Amazon, various other websites and then of course you can always rely on  friends to lend or give their copy of their latest "must read", but then if you're a true bookworm you know all the best places to go already.

A great website for me is Goodreads, I can keep a track of books I've read, find new ones, read reviews, get recommendations, win free books in exchange for reviews and so much more. I've done the Reading Challenge (setting your own target of books to read through the year) for the last few years and exceeded my own expectations year on year, I've found that although I've always loved reading and don't see it as a chore, I do want to beat my target each time and so far I have. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though until I set a target so high I end up asking to take a year off work to achieve it!

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of people take a year out....though most of them travel the world rather than sitting with a book....I'm with you though books can take you on a whole new experience and journey without even leaving the comfort of a cosy chair at home 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to be in a position where I could take a year out and just sit and read. I might even get through my TBR pile but knowing me that would only grow as well so maybe I'll just have to wait until I retire :)

    ReplyDelete