Sunday 12 July 2015

Life or Death - Michael Robotham




Life or Death is one hell of a read!

Audie Palmer has been in prison for 10 years for his involvement in an armed robbery that left four people dead, but for reasons known only to himself he escapes the day before he's due to be released. Is it because the rumours are true and he does know where the missing millions are, is he planning to meet his brother who was allegedly part of the gang and living the high life with his share of the money or is he looking for revenge? Whichever one it is, all we know initially is that Audie has made a promise to someone and he intends to keep his word. What follows is a cat and mouse like manhunt where we soon discover that not everything is as it seems.

The plot for me was breathtaking as I found myself caught up in a carefully crafted web of interwoven stories full of twists and turns, some of which caught me completely off guard. I found myself rooting for Audie, after all the beatings and attempts on his life while he was in prison, it must be time for his luck to change mustn't it?

This is the type of book that you find yourself racing through because you can't wait to find out what happens but at the same time you don't want to reach the end because then the story will be over. The writing was great and there was a real depth to each of the characters we meet along Audie's journey.

I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of Michael Robotham's other novels but after reading this one I'm definitely off to get some and I think I'm in for a real treat.

With kind thanks to NetGalley and the publisher Little, Brown Book Group UK for the review copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment