Thursday 20 August 2020

One Perfect Morning - Pamela Crane


Don't be taken in by this book's innocent looking cover because the story inside is a very dark one! The cover automatically makes me think about Desperate Housewives and if, like me, you were a fan of the show, then you'll know just how dark some of the storylines were, so for me, the cover is a perfect choice for this captivating psychological thriller.

Mackenzie, Robin and Lily have been firm friends since meeting at college. Now many years later, despite having husbands and / or children they still retain their close friendship - or so they think!

Each one of them has a secret which they've kept to themselves, but as we all know, secrets don't always stay secret forever as this group of friends is about to discover. The trust that they've built up between them over the years is about to be tested to it's absolute limit and who knows if any of their relationships will be able to stay strong.

One Perfect Morning (or Little Deadly Secrets if you're in the US) is a tangled web of lies and deceit which kicks off with a real bang - murder and goes on to include adultery, drug misuse and rape, this book really does have it all. Told in alternating chapters between the three women, I loved learning about their backgrounds and discovering the skeletons in their closets. Each woman thinks that they're doing the right thing by keeping their secret, never thinking for one minute that it would ever come to light, until one particular event causes a major ripple effect and someone needs to start telling the tuth.

I was hooked from the outset, I couldn't click the pages on my kindle fast enough and I think I inhaled it rather than read it! Packed full of twists and turns. this is a psychological thriller that truly fits into the genre and does what it says on the tin!

This was the first book I've read by Pamela Crane and I will definitely be seeking out her other books after reading this little beauty and I was delighted to discover that there's a plethora of them for me to look forward to. Congratulations on a fantabulous book Ms Crane, you've just gained yourself a new fan! 😉

With kind thanks to author Pamela Crane and NetGalley for my review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment