Wednesday 26 August 2020

The Ghosts of Roseby Hall - Jeanette Taylor Ford





This is the first book I've read by Jeantte Taylor Ford and what a wonderful book to begin with!

Beth's parents have moved to Derbyshire and their new house is next to an old ruined mansion called Roseby Hall. Beth finds hersef being bewitched by the ruins and is inexplicably drawn to them when she first goes to visit her parents.

When Beth's personal circumstances change she leaves her London home and moves in with parents while she re-evaluates her life. Things begin to fall into place for her, a new venture and new friends but once again she feels the pull of Roseby Hall and strange things happen. Unbeknown to Beth, one of her new friends knows exactly what is going on and will have to act quickly or the consequences could prove to be fatal!

I throughly enjoyed reading this spooky tale of ghosts, romance and times gone by and raced through it in one sitting. I was enchanted by the descriptions of the countryside, but I was especially taken by those of Roseby Hall in all it's glory. When I discovered that it was inspired by an actual Grade 1 listed Georgian ruined stately home, I headed straight to good old Google to see it for myself and then realised that the building in the background of the cover looks suspiciously similar, if not the same as what I found online.

Despite being a relatively short book, it certainly wasn't lacking in any way. The plot was cleverly thought out, the characters were nicely devoloped and the writing was so wonderfully descriptive that I felt like I was within the walls of Roseby Hall witnessing the majestic interiors with my own eyes.

Jeanette Taylor Ford certainly knows how to tell a story and I will definitely be reading more of her books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment