Sunday 20 March 2016

Chosen Child - Linda Huber






I've never read any novels by Linda Huber before but I fell in love with this cover and I was delighted when the author offered me a copy for review.

Chosen Child is a cleverly woven psychological suspense novel and I was soon caught up in the story.

Ella and Rick are hoping to adopt a child but despite agreeing that they would look for a baby boy, Ella finds herself falling for a six year old girl called Soraya at an adoption party.

The other key character is Amanda, mother to eighteen month old Jaden. Unhappily married to Gareth she embarks on an affair with James but when she finds out she's pregnant and Gareth goes missing she doesn't know where to turn.

It's not long before we discover a connection between the characters and during a moment of madness tragedy strikes and it has destructive ramifications. What follows is a tale of deceit and blackmail which highlights one man's cowardice and turns two innocent women into victims and threatens a young girl's chances of her forever home.

Linda Huber has written a fabulous book with characters that are always believable and it's very easy to feel sympathy for both Amanda and Ella at different points in the book. It's a clever novel full of twists and turns that kept me captivated right up to the last page. If you enjoy a good thriller then I highly recommend that you get yourself a copy of this book. As I said at the beginning of this review, I had never read anything by this author before but this is about to change as I've just found myself another favourite author and I'll be adding her previous books to my TBR pile very soon.

With kind thanks to author Linda Huber for the review copy.






No comments:

Post a Comment