Wednesday 30 December 2015

My favourite books of the year


2015 has been a great bookish year for me. I started this blog six months ago and already I've discovered so many wonderful new authors so choosing my top ten books of the year has been difficult to say the least.

10. #Pleaseretweet - Emily Benet






This was a fun and current read that shows how social media can affect your life and may even give you a few hints and tips on how not to use it!











9. The Girl With No Past - Kathryn Croft





A very clever dual time novel where the protagonists background is slowly revealed and you can feel the tension mounting with each turn of the page.











8. Sleep Peacefully - NC Marshall




A wonderfully written, slow burning psychological thriller.














7. Waiting For The Bee Stings - Calvin Wade





A true gem of a book telling a heartwarming story of how life can twist and turn unexpectedly.












6. Three-And-A-Half-Heartbeats - Amanda Prowse





A beautifully written, poignant novel that will have you smiling one minute and reaching for the tissues the next.












5. Center of Gravity - Laura McNeill






This dark and disturbing novel will have you on the edge of your seat.












4. Chance - Peter Dudgeon




The first review that I posted on my blog, but that's not why it's on my list. This fast paced thriller will make you want to put real life on hold so that you can read it.













3. Every Breath You Take - Bianca Sloane




A novel of two halves. What starts out as a seemingly innocent story of boy meets girls turns into one of the darkest and most disturbing books that I've read.












2. Flowers For The Dead - Barbara Copperthwaite




A beautifully written book about a serial killer which will unnerve you but you'll be willing the killer to find what he's looking for.














1. Out Of The Darkness - Katy Hogan




A truly wonderful and thought provoking novel about life after death, friendship, redemption and love. This is the type of book that stays with you long after you've turned the final page.












So there you have it, a list of my favourite books out of all those that I've read and reviewed here on my blog. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy all the other books that I've read and reviewed, it's just that these particular stories have stayed with me long after I finished reading them for one reason or another.

I'm looking forward to lots more wonderful books next year and I hope that you'll enjoy stopping by to read my reviews in 2016.



4 comments:

  1. The cover of Chance is terrifying in itself. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fits the book perfectly Ellie and I agree it's very creepy. Happy New Year to you too :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for including me in your list! Am so touched!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Laura. I loved Center of Gravity and it definitely deserved to be in my top ten :) x

      Delete