Saturday 12 November 2016

Ward Zero - Linda Huber






Ward Zero is a chilling read which is made all the more unsettling when you realise that this is something that can and has happened.

Right from the outset we know that someone is planning to kill Sarah and that they've killed before but obviously we have no idea who they are or what their motive is.

The mysterious male voice continues to crop up as we follow Sarah who has just returned to the UK after working abroad and found out that her foster mother Mim is in hospital after having had surgery. When she's at the hospital she bumps into Frankie, a young girl who has previously spent time with Mim as a foster child, who is visiting her grandmother with her mum, Petra.

Petra has made a shocking discovery about her mum's finances but before she can get to the bottom of it she goes missing and that's when the tension starts to ramp up.

I don't want to go into any more detail about the plot just incase I accidentally give something away and spoil it for you.

 Ward Zero is a dark and tense psychological thriller that had me questioning every male character, I was convinced that every one of them was the killer at some point. Alongside the darkness of the sinister male character, Huber has also portrayed the wonderful relationship that Sarah has with Mim which  gives the story a nice evenness, while at the same time giving an insight into the characters and making it easy to sympathise with them when events take a very serious turn. 

Linda Huber has a real talent for taking everyday situations and people and imaginatively tangling them in gripping and sometimes heart-stopping, but totally believable situations and Ward Zero is no exception. This is a perfect book for all psychological thriller fans to enjoy and one that I would definitely recommend.

With kind thanks to author Linda Huber for the review copy.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Neats - I'm really glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Linda. I now need to try and find time to fit your other books into my hectic schedule 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reviews Neats, given me just enough to add to my wish list for when I want to treat myself. 😊

    ReplyDelete